Full-Time or Part-Time
Edmonds Accountancy Ltd based in Reading are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant due to their continued growth and success in the local area.
The role is based in their Grazeley (RG7 1JQ) and is Full Time, Permanent, (9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (Part-Time considered upon request), Free Parking on-site.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role working in our General Practice Accountancy firm will involve but not be limited to:
- Account preparation to Trial Balance.
- All accounts payable tasks, accounts receivable tasks, quarterly VAT returns, prepayments and accruals.
- Preparation and review VAT Returns.
- Preparation and review of bookkeeping.
- Completion of accounting and adjustment journals
- Assisting with the preparation and production of the monthly management accounts.
- Provide support and assistance with year-end statutory accounts.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate financial records at all times.
- Preparation and input of accruals, prepayments and other journals.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and reconciling fixed asset additions/disposals.
- Liaising with other departments and managing expectations.
- Preparing accounts to agreed internal deadlines to a standard that is suitable for a first review.
- Ensuring all client queries are appropriately responded to
- Client meetings.
- Staff supervision.
IRIS, Sage, Quickbooks, Kashflow, Xero, Software experience desirable.
You will need to have good written and verbal skills with a good command of English.
You will need to be hands on with excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail with all round experience, competent in the use of Accountancy Software and Excel, this is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop
Prior experience in an accounting role desirable.
Qualifications in AAT Level 4 or above anticipated
On Application please answer
- How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in an Accountancy Practice?
- Are you in Reading RG7?
- Do you have an Accountancy Qualification?
- What are your Salary Expectations?
- Are you Looking for Full-Time or Part-Time Work?
- What is your notice period?
- Do you speak and write fluent English?